Sharing one of my post-workout brunch. After my workout, I make sure I have ready food I can easily prepare at home. (Or else, we will eat out!)
Below are the ingredients and steps of how I make these wraps.
- 1 yellow onion – minced
- 1/2 to 1 lb of chicken tenders cut into small squares
- Olive Oil (basil infused – optional)
- Basil leaves (crushed) – optional
- Basil Pesto Sauce
- Baby Spinach leaves
- Feta Cheese or Low-Fat Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Bell Peppers
- Diced Tomatoes
Ideally, I’d rather have it cooked fresh using pan and stove. However, for a busy person like me, I opted for something more convenient.
How to prepare chicken pesto via slow-cooker:
1. Turn on the slow cooker at medium or high setting. Pour olive oil with the desired amount. Wait for the bowl to heat up.
2. Put onions and wait until soft and translucent.
3. Add chicken then add salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken until tender (about 30mins to 1hr on medium-high settings). Then add freshly crushed basil leaves (optional) and basil pesto sauce. Mix until chicken is covered just right with basil leaves and pesto sauce. Add Bell pepper and tomatoes (optional). Slow cook for 3-4 hours.
4. Prepare your wrap: Put baby spinach leaves, cooked basil pesto chicken, and drizzle with mozzarella cheese or feta cheese. Roll wrap.
5. Warm in oven or toaster for 2-3 mins.
I am not a pro at calculating macros but I do estimate the details from the packaging. Here is the estimate of the basil chicken pesto wrap:
10 Net Carbohydrates
Hope you’ll try and enjoy it as much as I do!